Advancement Via Individual Determination is a means of preparing every student to become college/career ready by the time they graduate from high school. AVID's mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
- accelerates under-achieving students who have potential into more rigorous courses
- teaches academic and social skills not targeted in other classes
- provides intensive support with in-class tutors and strong student/teacher relationship
- creates a positive peer group for students
- develops a sense of hope and personal achievement gained through hard work and determination